We are widening our engagement in the public advocacy arena, a prescribed phase of a “Backbone Organization”, consistent with the “Collective Impact” model of an effective nonprofit organization. Our state and federal public policy strategies include:
- An enrollment campaign in conjunction with advocating for State dollars in support of free and reduced-price meals application assistance for non-participating families.
- Joint application submission for federal funding to support a public private partnership pilot program made possible through the federal Farm Bill amendment authorizing $5 million for up to 10 projects.
- Re-instatement of an annual allocation in State funding for WIC to support fruit and vegetable purchases.
- Tax-exempt designation for foods purchased by non-profits to support the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Legislation to align CACFP meal sponsor transfers of licensed Child Care Centers with Family Day Care Homes.